[PLUG] KMail messup!!

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 11:23:30 IST 2008

On Tuesday 06 May 2008, ഓം wrote:
> Upon setting KMail to periodically check your mails automatically, it
> royally messes it up..

I am using Kontact; my KMAIL dir is around 682MB of messages.  I have 5
different accounts that it checks periodically.  I was using evolution
till last year but it kept crashing at random points during start up
once my Mail dir got beyond 500MB (I did file bug report and gave
several strace data etc.) so I switched to Kontact (which integrates
the various KDE apps), so far no probs.

> 2 years back I found it was messed up.  So had disabled it.  Now when
> I found everything on Mandriva 2008.1 working to satisfaction I
> remember my old pain... and i find that on this front KMail (Kontact)
> has not improved at all... in fact it has gone worst...

At times, I have found KDE apps behaving strangely but clearing it's
respective settings under the ~/.kde directory usually clears the
problem  (some data may have to reentered).  Have you tried it?

HTH,
-- Arun Khan