[PLUG] [OT] ekiga setup ...

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe at gmail.com
Sat May 24 16:17:12 IST 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Arun Khan <knura at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to use ekiga but have not had much success.
>
> During setup of the ekiga client it correctly detects that my system is
> behind a NAT and configures it appropriately.  The client is able to
> login to "ekiga.net" and I guess I am "online" because I am notified of
> incoming calls.
>
> However, when I accept the call, I cannot hear the far party nor can the
> far party hear me.
>
> My network setup is as follows:

>  ekiga client-------|                   |
>                    *|-------------------|
>                                        +|--------- Internet (ADSL)
>
> ekiga client is 192.168.1.68 (Ubuntu 8.04, ekiga v2.0.12)
>
> * Linksys WiFi AP - LAN port is 192.168.1.1, WAN port is 192.168.0.9
> (Nodes on LAN NAT'd on the WAN port)
>
> + DLink DSL502T router/modem - LAN port is 192.168.0.1, WAN port is dyn.
> IP (PPPoE)
> (Nodes on LAN NAT'd on the WAN port)
>
> Would appreciate pointers from anyone who has used ekiga successfully -
> please share your setup.

Hi Arun,
            Did you try an 'echo' call test ? I do not know whether
ekiga.net provides such a test.
 Did you configure the codecs ? Also, you can narrow down to whether its an
application or n/w level problem by running tcpdump/wireshark to check
whether the rtp stream is actually reaching your machine.

My 2 cents...
HTH.

Best regards,
Pranav