[PLUG] How to configure mailing list

Pankaj Kumar pankaj at glug4muz.org
Sun Nov 23 11:03:33 IST 2008

Hi all,
 I want to configure mailing list on my domain glug4muz.org. For this
first of all I created an email account with address
mailing_list at glug4muz.org. Then for testing purpose I sent a mail to this
email account from my personal email account pankaj at glug4muz.org. And the
mail was received in the email account mailing_list at glug4muz.org. Then I
created a mailing list from cpanel with name Mailing_List on the same
domain. Then in the General Options Section of administrative page of
this mailing list, I set the values of "list administrator email
addresses" as well as "list moderator email addresses" to the email
address mailing_list at glug4muz.org. I also set the values of some other
parameters such as "An introductory description" and "List-specific text
prepended to new-subscriber welcome message". I also checked the box
"Acknowledge the member's posting". Then I clicked on "Membership
Management" and then "Mass Subscriptions". Then I subscribed my email
address pankaj at glug4muz.org to this mailing list. And now when I am
sending email to mailing_list at glug4muz.org from my email address
pankaj at glug4muz.org then I am NOT getting that mail in email account
mailing_list at glug4muz.org. Even I clicked on "Go to the general list
information page" to go to the URL
http://glug4muz.org/mailman/listinfo/mailing_list_glug4muz.org and then
now I am NOT receiving any mail on the email address
mailing_list at glug4muz.org. So can any one please help me why mail is NOT
being received on the email address mailing_list at glug4muz.org after
setting this email address as "list administrator email addresses" as
well as "list moderator email addresses" of the mailing list? Please help
me soon so that I can start mailing list on my domain. I will remain
thankful to you all for this forever. You can even visit the
administrative section of this mailing list at the URL
http://glug4muz.org/mailman/admin/mailing_list_glug4muz.org/ with the
password 123456 and then configure it properly so that I can start
receiving mail on my email address mailing_list at glug4muz.org from the
members subscribed to this mailing list.

Best Regards ...
Pankaj Kumar