[PLUG] RedHat/Fedora Crisis

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:01:53 IST 2008

2008/9/17 Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> Kaustubh Gadkari wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Sudhanwa Jogalekar
>> <sudhanwa.com at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Forwarded message FYI.
>>>
>>> Probably people from RH or Fedora can comment on this mail.
>>
>> Bruce Perens had a few good comments about the situation and compared
>> the way Debian handled their SSH bug vs the way RedHat handled it.
>>
>> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/09/10/029231
>
> A comparison not is not 1:1. Debian problem is self inflicted.

Not entirely correct. This incident is one of the 3 that Bruce mentions.

"has had three significant security lapses in its history:
unauthorized access to their systems in 2003 and 2006, and a
recently-revealed problem in their SSL packages."

Debian had 2 incidents similar to what happened to Fedora and handled
both situation quite well, according to Bruce. So it is 1:3 ...

Cheers
Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍