[PLUG] hdfcsec.com - unable to use

Shantanu Kulkarni linux at shantanukulkarni.org
Mon Aug 3 11:00:45 IST 2009

Namaskar,
    i am having
ubuntu 9.04
mozilla ff 3.0.11
bsnl home 500 broadband

for last 1 month (since  i formatted my ubuntu 6.06 and installed 9.04)
i am not able to use my online trading a/c at
hdfcsec.com effectively. sometimes, i cannot even log in, sometimes
i cannot view my portfolio and never am able to place an order.
the browser tries to connect to etrade.hdfcsec.com (i am transferred to
this link from trade.hdfcsec.com) and eventually gives up. the internet
speed is not an issue. i have my own dns server and also tried opendns.
i have also tried latest version of flock browser and netscape navigator
(9.0.0.6). in netscape i was once able to place an order.

their tech support is prompt but hopeless.

is anyone else facing this issue?

thanks,
Shantanu
www.shantanukulkarni.org