[PLUG] open ports in webserver

Ameya Rahane ichbinfes at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:19:34 IST 2009

Sunil,
First of all, open ports have nothing to do with your question.
To be able to upload files from outside the LAN, you should also make
it an FTP server. FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, and is used
to upload files onto a server from remote location. So set up the
required services on the server.
You can google for how to set up FTP server and how to upload files via FTP.
You can access your server then, but onitoring the server remotely is
entirely different concern. You will need a web-based administrator
console for that.

Ameya R