[PLUG] 8 GB RAM support

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 00:02:31 IST 2009

On Tuesday 18 Aug 2009, Manish wrote:

> Ah, right! "With PAE enabled" -- is the way out as people here have
> pointed out. I am finalizing Intel C2D 2.8 G, guess it should work
> fine. Right?

The C2Ds are 64 bit with 48bit addressable memory.  You should be fine
with 8GB RAM.

If you are planning to use CentOS 5.3 beware.  A couple of days ago the
installer put in a 64bit Xen enabled kernel as the default and it would
see only 3.5G on a 4G RAM system.  I upgraded to a CentOS Plus kernel
and all 4G are being detected (System Dual Xeon w/ 4 hyper threads in
each CPU).

--
Arun Khan