[PLUG] Compiling Linux on Cygwin

Abhijit Bhopatkar bain at devslashzero.com
Sun Aug 30 15:59:26 IST 2009

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Arun Khan<knura at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Why are you limiting your self to using Cygwin?  IMO the shortest path
>> to success is to  use the right tool for the job at hand.  In this
>
> Issue is I am in Germany, and trying to learn this in my extra time on
> my official laptop. And on this I wish but not allowed to change
> operating system.

Apart from renegotiating your job terms ;) , i guess vbox should work fine.
(by fine i mean about 100 times slower than native compile ofcourse,
but hey it will work unlike cygwin.)

You might also want to try co-linux (google pls),
It lets you run linux kernel natively side by side windows kernel (not
in a vm, but as a windows process with special hacks to windows kernel
itslef). Has obviously better performance than a VM.
I had tried it once before (when interestingly i was stuck in a
similar situation as yours). but that was long back and i don't know
the current state of affairs in that area.

BAIN