[PLUG] Software Freedom Day celebrations on 19th September, any plans?

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 19:53:36 IST 2009

Hi all,
     Software Freedom Day is coming on 19th September. Can we do
something about it?

I remember last year PLUG, Amit had made Bhaskaracharya Prathistana
the venue for SFD.  This time around I have few balloons, 2 Open
Education CD's and 8 Ubuntu CD's which can be used for distribution.
Maybe somebody from Fedora team could also distribute and use the
fora.

Few ideas :-

a.  Give sessions about importance of Free software.
b. Talk about DRM in mobiles (Both Nokia and Samsung smartphones have
this 'feature' ) .
c.  Talk/show about wordpress.com (Could make a presentation for the same. )
d.  Showoff open videos playing in firefox 3.5 without need for any
external plugin/

I am sure there are/might be plenty of more ideas for the same. We
have 19 days to do this.

If we want to decorate some place for the event with the balloons we
would have to do it the evening before .

Please lemme know if somebody is interested in the same.
          Shirish Agarwal
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17