[PLUG] [OT] Internship Mela

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 19 10:35:27 IST 2009

Dear Amit,

Very good initiative, however ...

On Thursday 17 December 2009, Amit Karpe wrote:
> Hello all,
>            We are arranging an "Internship Mela" on Wednesday, 23st
> December, 2009, from 10am to 1pm, at Institute of Management and
> Career Courses (IMCC) campus, 131 Mayur Colony, Kothrud, Pune 411029.
> See this page for details of this event .
>
> The idea is that this is a marketplace designed to allow companies to
> find students quickly.

This is a general request to *all* planners.  I have seen this happen
with many FOSS activities - the notice of the event gives little room
for the target audience to re-arrange their commitments.

Please give advance notice of at least 2-3 weeks or better, like the
recent GNUnify announcment from Sudhanwa, so that interested parties can
plan their schedule and participate in such activities.

I for one do have a plan for 3-4 interns in Linux/Network Admin area and
this would have been an ideal place for me to meet potential interns.

However with such short notice I am not sure I will be able to
participate.

Thanks and regards,
--
Arun Khan