[PLUG] Time to downgrade?

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed Jan 7 12:32:50 IST 2009

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 11:25:34 म.हा.सा.ग.र wrote:
> i have been running kmail on MDV2009 for sometime now, and with
> Turion64 Processor & 512 M Ram.
>
> Since i started facing a problem of kmail taking lot of time to
> refresh between mails, I started system monitor.
>
> It seem the CPU is at 97%+ load at times when I am using switching
> between large messages...
>
> During those times memory also touches near highest peak sometimes...

If you are using mbox message format, try switching to maildir. With mbox, the
program has to go thr. lot of irrelevant things, just to find correct message
boundary.

I have some large folders and past 6 years of history. kmail in kde 4.1.3
works just fine. No problem there.(But I have a laptop with 2GB RAM but 512MB
should be sufficient any day).

--
 Shridhar