[PLUG] Time to downgrade?

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Thu Jan 8 11:03:25 IST 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:59 PM, म.हा.सा.ग.र <o.s.h.o at guruvision.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Shridhar Daithankar
> <ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:
>>> =-=-=-=====-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>>
>> Hoping that the hang lasts for several seconds, rerun the strace, find the
>> offending fd i.e. 10 in the above strace(first argument to the read, which is
>> repeatedly unavailable) and see what file it is trying to open.
>
> while this is happening it is happening only for a single large kmail
> folder... even if i am surfing somewhere else...
>
> will regenerating index of that folder help?

After rebuilding the index of that folder the problem has not gone away.
Also this is kernel 2.6.27.5 so TSC problem should have been solved in
the kernel already which does not look like to be the case...

So till my problem gets solved this is Mystriva 2009 distribution i am using...

Anyway most outsiders call it Mysterious india when comparing it with
secret china ... :-)

Current strategy... deploying evasive manuevre as suggested by Cap. J.
L. Picard :-) by eliminating possibilities...