[PLUG] Time to downgrade?

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Thu Jan 8 13:03:01 IST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Pranav Peshwe <pranavpeshwe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:59 PM, म.हा.सा.ग.र <o.s.h.o at guruvision.com> wrote:
>
>> this is an interesting post on TSC matter... and i am wondering about it
>> now...
>>

> Hi,
>    Did you try passing 'notsc' to the kernel at boot ?
> I *guess* the problem might be that, your processor is throttling frequency
> transparently to the kernel. Another suggestion would  be to try disabling
> frequency scaling related modules/services.

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/linux_kernel/kernel_configuration/re44.html

this suggests that it will shot the hardware associated for TSC.
Phylosophically speaking which one is better?  shutting down kernel
component associated with it or the hardware component of the
system...

I am inclined to believe हरद्वार in this case... because it is the
system heartbeat we are talking about...

All other freq scaling services stopped or disabled already.. no
effect yet... maybe they have innershia :-)

good suggestion though!