[PLUG] Ubuntu 8.10 GRUB problem - only shows memtest option

Mandar Vaze mandarvaze at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:19:52 IST 2009

Hi,

I installed Ubuntu 8.10 from DVD that came with LFY Dec 2008.
Once I select Ubuntu from Windows bootloader, I get grub menu.

Problem:
It has only one option that of "Ubuntu8.10,*memtest*"
Is there a way to boot directly into Ubuntu w/o memtest ?

Problem is similar to this :
But the above thread doesn't have a solution

BTW, I gave memtest a shot it was running for 48+ minutes (after which I
gave up, it was still at 72% ) for 704MB memory

--

*---

Mandar D Vaze
*http://mandarvaze.wordpress.com