[PLUG] accounting software under Linux

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Wed Jan 14 11:32:06 IST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Shridhar Daithankar
<ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2009 10:17:50 म.हा.सा.ग.र wrote:

if your CA is not using the licensed copy of windows, it will be easy
to get him to switch to Linux because the advantages are multifold...
he will be able to used licensed copy of his only needed favourite
software *tally* without having to violate any laws about underlying
Operating System...

>> > That is a wrong solution and should not be considered at all.
>>
>> pray explain... how does spreading the message of being on the right
>> side of the (already grayed out) law makes it a wrong solution?
>
> "it not, your task will be easy" is read as "pirate the software and use it",
> which is wrong.
>
> If you meant anything otherwise, I didn't see it. Pray explain.

The basic argument here being the infrastructure should be free  मोफत . . .

people will be willing to pay for what they specifically need for
their profession...

OS should be free because nobody will buy hardware otherwise.  This
argument has a rather deep meaning... which supports why things came
into existence on Free and OSS front, but that again is a
perception.... till i say i want to rule the world this way :-)

The difficult  scenario, if the CA has both Windows and Tally licensed
it will be difficult for to get to switch because by switching to
Linux he will be writting off him money (the sense of his having
already paid money spent on OS& software working for him)..

if this is not simple please say it again and i will grind my brain to
make it simpler....