[PLUG] Lokayat Free Software Initiative

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Mon Jan 19 14:42:01 IST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 2:08 PM, अभिजित Abhijit <abhijit13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Let me first introduce myself and then the Subject of this mail. My name is
> Abhijit, I'm currently working with Symantec and scheduled to join CoEP as a
> faculty member from February.

Ah.. the good old college in Pune where मोक्षगुंडम् विश्वेश्वरय्या
studied (स्वतःला पैलू पाडले :-)

> I'be been working on GNU/Linux for all my
> student life and still continue to do so.
>
> I've been associated with a group of activists in Pune, called Lokayat.
> Lokayat works on various issues of the society and tries to organize people
> together for solving them (Traffic problem, PMPML's bad condition, education
> of slum children, nuclear energy, judicial accountability, etc are just few
> of them). When we found that few among us in Lokayat are from Computer
> Science background, and all of us are GNU/Linux  enthusiasts, we thought of
> and started Lokayat Free Software Initiative.

Any particular reason why words *free software* need to be there in
Lokayat initiative?

to cover range of other issues?

Is helping people a prime objective or helping people in Linux a prime
objective?

just curious...