[PLUG] GCC 4.0 on RHEL 3.0

Yogesh Hasabnis yhasabnis at rediffmail.com
Sat Jul 11 11:30:10 IST 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 19:18:31 +0530  wrote

>Hi Al

>Can you please tell me wheather GCC 4.0 is supported on RHEL 3.0 ?..

>If yes how you can install it and from where?.

>Thanks and Regards

>Vikrant Poman

Hi,

I had a similar requirement in the last week. I had to install gcc-4.4.0 on RHEL4 (as against RHEL3 in your case). RPMs were not available. So I downloaded the source by following the URL http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html and then installed it at a separate location so that it doesn't conflict with existing gcc ie the gcc that is installed with the OS.

Regards,

Yogesh