[PLUG] How to configure xorg.conf

Vishal Khialani vishal.khialani at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:06:39 IST 2009

Hi,
I am using kubutu and my computer is using   vishal-laptop
2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:57:59 UTC 2009 i686
GNU/Linux

I am able to change the display resolution in kubuntu but when I
change from 1240x768 to 1024x768 then the resolution does change but
the new resolution does not occupy the full screen it leaves two emtpy
spaces one on the left and the other on the right.
Please see below pastebin for the image.

I am using an intel graphics card
product: Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics
Controller [8086:27A6]
vendor: Intel Corporation [8086]
bus info: pci at 0000:00:02.1
version: 03
width: 32 bits.

I then tried open suse linux and tried the resolution 1024x768 and it
took up the full screen to my delight but I want to use kubuntu and
not suse I tried to study the xorg.conf file from the suse distro  but
I could not figure out what I can change to get the same desired
effect on Kubuntu. Please see the xorg.conf files below. I will
appreciate it if someone can help me out here and tell me how I can
configure xorg.conf so that I can use 1024x768.

OPEN SUSE XORG.CONF FILE DETAILS -http://pastebin.ca/1505472

KUBUNTU XORG.CONF FILE DETAILS - http://pastebin.ca/1505469

IMAGE SHOWING THE RESOLUTION 1024 NOT TAKING UP THE WHOLE MONITOR REAL
ESTATE - http://imagebin.ca/view/3X0O4a.html

 Cheers,
Vishal Khialani