[PLUG] BE projects

Venkatesh Hariharan venkyh at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 16:22:02 IST 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 11:17 AM, ganesh
tamboli<ganesh.tamboli at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Final Year Computer Engineering student from Sinhgad College of
> Engineering.
> My group is looking for a project sponsor/idea.
>
> We are a group of 3 students with all of us having average marks greater
> than 60%[average of 5 semesters].
>
> Kindly mail me [ganesh.tamboli at gmail.com] if you can help us.
>
> Our domain interests - system administration, systems programming
>
> We would also like to work on other domain also.

Check out http://ekalavya.it.iitb.ac.in/

The main objective of the eGURU programme is to benefit those final
year students of B.E., M.C.A. and M.Sc. (CS/ IT/ Electronics), who
find it difficult to carry out a major component of their curriculum,
namely the project, due to the paucity of resources and mentors.
http://ekalavya.it.iitb.ac.in/eguruHome.do

Bonafide students of final year B.E., M.C.A. and M.Sc. (CS/IT) from
Indian colleges can register online in the eGURU programme. The
participants are permitted to form a small group of a maximum of FIVE
students to work on these projects. There is no limit to the number of
student groups registering from an Academic Institution. Preliminary
registration normally takes place between mid-December and mid-March
every year. Final registration closes in June.

A group can either submit an original project proposal or choose one
from the pool of available project ideas. Once the project proposal is
accepted, the group may be provided with a mentor, if there is one
available, who will guide them through the execution of the project.
The date of the final project submission is set as per the academic
calendar of the colleges.

Volunteer experts from the industry and the academia provide their
observations of the submitted projects. The final evaluation is
carried out in the respective colleges as per the academic
requirements of the affiliating university.

Each college, from which students will be participating in the eGURU
programme, needs to appoint a faculty member as a coordinator to take
care of the evaluations

venky