[PLUG] Internet in Linux

sankarshan sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:04:23 IST 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Suraj Swami <suraj.g.swami at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to Linux. I have installed Red Hat on my system. Internet has
> stopped working on Linux operating system  which was working earlier.
>
> My computer  is connected to LAN network which is connected to internet. I
> am able to see other computers in my network. Hence it is assured that it is
> well into the network.
> The same PC is able to connect to internet when it is in windows operating
> system. Hence this assures that there is no problem in the hard-ware.

It would be good to have some of the following details:

[0] how your network/LAN handles boxes connected to it ie. does it do
DHCP or, require static IPs
[1] whether your network card is recognized on Red Hat (use lscpi for it)
[2] which version of Red Hat
[3] if you have a subscription (assuming you have Red Hat Enterprise
Linux), have you raised a ticket with support

--
You see things; and you say 'Why?';
But I dream things that never were;

Sent from Pune, MH, India