[PLUG] Ghost Images for Edubuntu

Arun Tomar tomar.arun at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 18:30:31 IST 2009

Dear Deepak,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Deepak Dhanvijay <ddhanvijay1 at rediffmail.com
> wrote:

> Dear all,I have installed Edubuntu on a Dell Machine with below
> configuration,DELL GX 150 - BLACK TOWERSPIII 933 MHZ / PIII 1.0 GHZ128 MB
> RAM20 GB HDDCD-ROM, FDD, SOUND, LANNow I have to prepare arouond 100 Dell
> machine with the same configuration and OS.I tried Norton Ghost, and able to
> make the images but while deploying it I am facing one issue. It is giving
> me Blue Dump and not getting installed. please suggent me if it
> possible with Norton Ghost or if any other software available.Thanks in
> Advance.Deepak DhanvijayPune
>
> Best Regards
>
> Deepak Dhanvijay

I've not used norton ghost, but as an option you can try clonezilla or g4u.
I've used g4u & it takes a hell lot of time. another fact that i think
logically is that the hard disk create their own uuid etc & those entries
are put in the grub & fstab etc. so i don't know whether after cloning also
it'll work for you or not.

For large deployment like these what i would really suggest is create a
network install server basically a PXE server with auto install options of
all the stuff that you would like to have installed & install all the
clients from this network server.

Arun Tomar
(M) +91 93701 47939
blog: http://linuxguy.in