[PLUG] Ghost Images for Edubuntu

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 22:04:38 IST 2009

Hi,

>configuration and OS.I tried Norton Ghost, and able to make the images but while deploying it I am facing one issue. It is giving me Blue Dump and not getting installed. please suggent me if it possible with Norton Ghost or if any other software

Can you describe exactly what happens in more detail. What do you mean
by getting a Blue Dump ?

Another good tool is Partimage[1]. You can save/restore images over
the network. It is a part of System Rescue cd[2]
Also, unlike dd, Partimage only copies the used portions of the disk.
This greatly reduces the image size and installation time.

A good option is to create a custom System rescue cd with customised
scripts or better way :- Make the rescue cd automount a nfs partition
containing your scripts.

HTH,
Devendra Laulkar.

[1] http://www.partimage.org/Main_Page