[PLUG] Grub problem

Devendra Laulkar devendralaulkar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 00:30:32 IST 2009

Hi,

> switched to grub legacy even then problem persists. and when grub
> crashes i've to reinstall the system with all the packages i need

You don't need to reinstall the entire system - you can just reinstall GRUB.
To re-install GRUB, you can boot from the Debian live CD and then go
into rescue mode.
You will have to do something as described in [1]

Is this a dual boot system that you are running ? Also, I doubt if the
problem is related to power supply.
Does the system crash often, or you only have problems while booting up ?

HTH,
Devendra Laulkar.

[1] http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/restore-debian-linux-grub-boot-loader.html

<snip>