[PLUG] Fwd: Grub problem

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Mon Jun 29 10:50:44 IST 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM, aniruddh
katkar<katkar.aniruddh at gmail.com> wrote:
> It only gives problem while booting and no other time neither any kernel
> crash or anything else.

that is because boot loader is required only during the booting.

in my readings i have noted the grub to be failure prone because it
does not correct understand the disk geometry or something similar.
e.g. on openSUSE, it correctly understand the old partitioning scheme
when you rescan the disks not the first time.  This suggests me that
while working with Grub assuming things (correct detection of old
partitioning) may inadvertantly end up destroying you data during
re-install.

So try installing LiLO when you have reached the tolerance limit of
your patience playing with grub :-)