[PLUG] Few Queries..!!!

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 08:52:59 IST 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Sugandha Naolekar
<sugandha.n87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can u please let me know about the issues related to the hadoop's
> implemetation over Fedora(8 or 10)

If you are facing a specific problem, then search search the issue
tracker and the hadoop mailing lists, because there' s every chance
that someone may have faced those problems before.

The issue tracker: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP

> If you could suggest me some of the contacts of industrial persons whom I
> can refer to regarding Hadoop queries.

Most experienced Hadoop users who'd be inclined to help you would be
here http://hadoop.apache.org/core/mailing_lists.html#Users

However, ensure that you understand what problem you are facing, read
the documentation, search the issue tracker and the mailing lists, and
ask questions only after you are unable to find an answer to the
hadoop-specific problem that you are facing. Not everyone will want to
coach you on how to do something with hadoop if that has already been
explained.

Best of luck with you hadoop pursuits :)

-- Sriram