[PLUG] OT: How many of you are programmers?

Rohit Karajgi rohit.karajgi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 18:00:32 IST 2009

Hi,

I am not a concrete programmer but I write scripts in Perl on a regular
basis for automating our test suites.These scripts run on an RHEL or Solaris
box.

So anything on Perl/Python would be great.

Personally, I would not want to start from basics since these can be
self-learned.

Anything specific to like regular expressions or writing modules in perl, or
Python web programming would be helpful.
Another one would be how to make the choice of the right programming
language for your application. Like do I use Perl or PHP or Java for writing
a web application? Or what to choose when I want to write systems based
scripts - Perl or Python, and why?

How are you planning to have these tutorials, if I may ask.

Thanks,
Rohit