[PLUG] How to make a window executable software from linux

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:16:59 IST 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Devendra Laulkar <
devendralaulkar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I was wondering how to code something in linux (a simple daily expense
> > manager) that runs on linux and also be able to be executed in windows?
> >
> > The doubts are : How to aprroach it without the use of C, C++, Java or
> any
> > web based application.
>
> Any specific reason not to use C,C++, Java ?

Was going to ask a similar question - why not Java ? and, did you consider
using Mono ? Both are good options to develop an app with a GUI.
In fact, writing a java based mobile app and writing a small webservice
would be a nice idea. You could update your expenses even without the use of
a computer.

BTW, is the task to be done as a part of an academic assignment ?

My 2 cents...
Kindly CMIIW.

Best regards,
Pranav