[PLUG] Headphone plug broken on my Acer box running Ubuntu

Parag Shah adaptives at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:33:37 IST 2009

Hi,

I have an Acer 6930 running Ubuntu 8.10 . Sometime back my headphone plug
broke inside the jack, and I am having a hard time getting it out. The
hardware guy out here says he might have to open the motherboard, and I am a
bit apprehensive about doing that.

Here are some options I think I have (I need some advise on which of them
might be best on a Linux system)

1. Bluetooth headphones
    How easy are those to configure on Linux, are there any brands that
work/don't work? Unfortunately I cannot try them before buying them.

2. USB adapter
    Will a USB-headphone jack type adapter work on a Linux system?

3. USB Headphones
    Do these work out of the box on Ubuntu? Are there any preferred brands?

Which of these options would you suggest?

--
Thanks & Regards
Parag Shah