[PLUG] squid with auth and group base access

Arun Tomar tomar.arun at gmail.com
Fri May 15 14:41:25 IST 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 11:42 +0530, Vivek Khurana wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Ashish Gangani <
> ashish.gangani at vyomlabs.com> wrote:

Hi!
Ashish.

> > Hi All,
> >

> > I required to setup a squid with User base access control for more then 150
> > concurrent user.
> >
> > I have to setup a group base access also and it will also give me reports
> > like sarg.
> >
> > If any one can help me to setup this type of proxy

well ashish, you requirement is not very clear. but i'll try to help you
with the info that u provided.

You'll need to use squid proxy & ldap or active directory for
authentication. I don't know what kind of directory server r u using.

what u'll need to do is create users & group in the directory server.
Then create acls in the squid configuration file with the sites that u
want to allow or restrict for the users/group etc.