[PLUG] Any open-source software for documentation.

Chetan S cshring at gmail.com
Fri May 22 10:47:37 IST 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Mandar Vaze <mandarvaze at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Subhasis Mahapatra
> <76.subhasis at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Use
>> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
>>
>> with http and mysql. but you need not know any sql syntax.
>

> In my opinion, MediaWiki may be bit involved in setting up.
> I've tried Twiki and MoinMoin (Python-based) and think they are easier to
> get started. YMMV

Sorry for a small hijack - :)
That kind of brings me to a critical question -- wikis are useful for
slightly less formal documenting ( collaborative ) is there anything
that allows formal production of such ad-hoc content ?

e.g this scenario -  Some company allows its developers to create a
wiki and disparately document its project. is it possible at a later
point of time to collate such content easily and churn out a formal
documentation ?  What tools will aid this process ?
is there something that lets me take such wiki snippets and churn out
a professional tex doc in a easy fashion :) ?

regards,