[PLUG] Torrent question

Mayuresh mayuresh at acm.org
Thu Nov 19 19:16:29 IST 2009

> Not many broadband users with unlimited bandwidth in India and speeds in
> peers in US and Europe are much better.  Just as a curiosity, what ISO

May be also, in India there are more "offline leechers"  ;-) i.e. distro DVDs
get shared more from person to person than everyone downloading. (It's good in
fact.)

> image are you downloading?  Live CD or regular DVD?  What speed are you
> getting?
>
> Rahul

I am downloading regular DVD. I usually get 20 to 25 kbps speed. (My bandwidth
often is not fully utilized.)

Also my upload bandwidth hardly gets utilized though I do not set any limit on
it. Share ratios remain between .2 and .3. BTW, this observation puts my
original question in this post in a different perspective. How come the torrent
mechanism doesn't fully utilize my (for example) upload bandwidth? May be, if
utilized, that will bemefit peers in the vicinity.

Mayuresh.