[PLUG] Add/Remove Software error

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 4 23:10:01 IST 2009

On 10/03/2009 02:24 PM, paras wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on FC-9 with KDE-4.2.4.
> I wan't to add some software. So I trying to use Add/Remove Software.
> But when I select the package and click on Apply button, the error message
> pop-ups,
> "*No network connection available*. Please check your connections and try
> again."
>
> Under more details, I get this: "Cannot install when offline."
>
> But there is no trouble with internet browsing.
>
> One more think is I can install same package using "yum"
>
> The out-put of "nm-tool" command is given below

You don't seem to be using NetworkManager to connect online. PackageKit
in Fedora 9 uses NM to detect whether you are online or not. If you are
not using NM, you can tweak the configuration file

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageKit_Frequently_Asked_Questions#PackageKit_won.27t_work_without_NetworkManager

Rahul