[PLUG] Minutes of PLUG meet held on 05-0902009

Aditya Godbole aag.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 11:19:08 IST 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 7:12 AM, shirish<shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Saving people from my long, boring one-person speeches hence compiled
> the minutes with comments at
> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2009/09/06/minutes-of-plug/ .
>
> People are encouraged to poke holes in my understanding of how things
> stand either here or on the web-page which is convenient to you guys.

Seems like I missed quite a bit :)
A few points I would like to add (this is a very general reply to add
on to the contents of the blog post) -
1. The 'markup-like' like language you mention for Beamer is actually
Latex. Beamer (or presentations for that matter) are a small drop in
the ocean of Latex.
2. Regarding the question of MOU, I think the government would quite
like to agree about shifting to free software. The main question for
them is 'how'. The issue is not what software they use to train the
teachers, but whether it is feasible for them to go through this
process logistically and economically. It is obvious that they don't
have in-house expertise to do the training and maintenance of the
computers. As of now, it seems like only MS has given them an
acceptable solution. And with the knowledge they have, the dilemma of
choosing between the lesser evil does not exist.
3. The first comment to the post is quite amusing.

-aditya