[PLUG] Suggest a webhost for database centric webpage

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Wed Apr 7 10:28:26 IST 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Shridhar Daithankar
<ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 April 2010 17:36:18 Tarun Dua wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Mithun Shitole <mithunit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >    I want to host a website in which its database can grow over years to
>> > GBs ( 2-3 GB). I don't require bigger file storage capacity (100 MB is
>> > enough) and yes I need php - mysql :). Can you suggest some good linux
>> > webhost (US based) for the purpose upon your personal experience Or at
>> > lease point me to some authoritative resources to look for!
>>
>> Just curious why a US based host is your traffic coming from US or India.
>
> Its cheaper. Compare a dreamhost plan with any indian hosting and you will
> see.
>
> I would like to host in india too, but its just not cheap enough.
> --
> Regards
>  Shridhar

Remember there are (at least I have faced such) problems with US based
servers because they can (under circumstances) become unmanageable
depending upon the level of support you enjoy.

So critical deployments i would always go with India hosted
environment where on-off switch remain geographically next to your
chair :-)

But that again boils down to how much premium one is willing to pay
for that (customer) comfort and reputation...

When connectivity gets down ( tel & net ) USka *कटी पतंग* हो जाता है।
--
१. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. Why question the answer, unless question itself is the answer ?