[PLUG] [OT][Announcement] web3.0 mailing list

Arulalan T arulalant at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 01:06:27 IST 2010

Dear All,

Greetings .!.

Do you have awareness about web3.0 ?

The Semantic Web is a web of data. There is lots of data we all use
every day, and it is not part of the web.
I can see my bank statements on the web, and my photographs, and I can
see my appointments in a calendar.
But can I see my photos in a calendar to see what I was doing when I
took them? Can I see bank statement lines in a calendar?

Why not? Because we don't have a web of data. Because data is
controlled by applications, and each application keeps it to itself.

Humans are capable of using the Web to carry out tasks such as finding
the Irish word for "directory", reserving a library book, and
searching for a low price for a DVD. However, one computer  cannot
accomplish all of these tasks without human direction,
because web pages are designed to be read by people, not machines.

The semantic web is a vision of information that is understandable by
computers, so computers can perform more of the tedious work
involved in finding, combining, and acting upon information on the web.

We are going to make web3.0 with the basics of semantic web.

Let us discuss about web3.0 in this mailing list.

Welcomes you to real data understandable by computer as data not as text !

- To join in the web3 mailing list, subscribe here
http://www.freelists.org/list/web3

What is the Semantic Web?

Where Web 2.0 is focused on people, the Semantic Web is focused on machines.
The Web requires a human operator, using computer systems to perform
the tasks required to find, search and aggregate its information.

It's impossible for a computer to do these tasks without human guidance
because Web pages are specifically designed for human readers.

The Semantic Web is a project that aims to change that by presenting
Web page data in such a way that it is understood by computers,
enabling machines to do the searching, aggregating and combining of
the Web's information — without a human operator. :-)

More info about semantic web :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_Web
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/
http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/2007/Semantic_Web.asp