[PLUG] Recover the formated data from ubuntu

Sagar Belure sagar.belure at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 15:07:37 IST 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 3:27 AM, niyas iota <niyasiota at gmail.com> wrote:

> DEAR GROUP MEMBERS
> I tried to install ubuntu 9.10 version, but in process lost/formatted one
> logical drive of Disk.
> ubuntu is installed successfuly, in the same logical drive.
> want to recover the formated data from ubuntu.

Hi,

When I had installed 9.10 after it's release few months back, I had similar
type of problem.
I used ext4, and unfortunately, I couldn't find any appropriate tools to
recover the data lost.

I found testdisk[1], that supports various file system formats. But, still
it didn't have ext4 support.
I'm praying, you don't have ext4 file systems selected while installation.