[PLUG] Tata Indicom Photon+ configuration (Olive V-ME101)

Viral Sachde viral at sachde.com
Wed Dec 29 19:02:00 IST 2010

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Arindam Mukherjee
<arindam.mukerjee at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In /ets/usb_modeswitch.conf, I don't see any entry for  the Vendor Id
>>> 201e and product id 2009 under it. Apparently I need a  Vendor  +
>>> Product specific MessageEndpoint (something like an address or  Offset
>>> I think) and a MessageContent which is written to the endpoint.  This
>>> information is not there with me for Olive V-ME101. Any help  is
>>> appreciated.
>>
>> /proc/bus/usb/devices contains the enpoints registered by each device.
>>
> On my box, it's an empty directory.

Hi Arindam,
If /dev/sr0 exists,  try eject -s /dev/sr0 (If you cd drive sr0 may be
sr1) and check dmesg again.
Also you need to mount usb fs (using  mount -t usbdevfs none
/proc/bus/usb ) to get
entry in /proc/bus/usb folder. (at least you should get host controller entry.)
Regards, Viral