[PLUG] Kernel get crashed while installing VirtualBox 3.1.2 on RHEL 5.3

Prakash Gore prakash.gore at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:06:16 IST 2010

Hello,I am trying to install VirtualBox 3.1.2 on my Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3. I have an rpm VirtualBox-3.1-3.1.2_56127_rhel5-1.i386.rpm. when I am trying to install rpm with# rpm -ivh VirtualBox-3.1-3.1.2_56127_rhel5-1.i386.rpmit gets an error like Stopping VirtualBox kernel module                          [  OK  ]
Recompiling VirtualBox kernel module                       [FAILED]
  (Look at /var/log/vbox-install.log to find out what went wrong)
My machine was compiling the kernel and my machine crashed. My computer just restart. Now when boot up it get to where it said starting Virtual Box kernel module (something like that, i dont remember the message correctly) then the machine just restart again.

How do i fix it? Anyway to restore the previous kernel?
Please Reply soon.
Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & RegardsPrakash Gore