[PLUG] which certification is best

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 11:36:12 IST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Shrinivasan T <tshrinivasan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Certifications are not essential to enter into the open source field.

+1
> Even if you get any certificate, you have to do more.

+1.  Over the past couple of years I have interviewed about 60+
candidates, most with RHCT/E having done very well in the exams.  Even
then, none of them have been able to answer more than 16 questions
correctly (out of 45) from my own quiz; questions are based on RH033
and basic networking concepts.

You need to pratice, practice, and practice the concepts you learn.

I have found most candidates treat certifications like an exam - you
cram for it, pass it with flying colors and then within 2 months
forget even the basic commands like df, du etc.
OP since you mention Linux experience - leverage that into your
learning process.

-- Arun Khan