[PLUG] Practical shell Implementation of the login command.

Kaustubh Gadkari kaustubh.gadkari at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 03:40:51 IST 2010

> No. I dont want to use "login" for a _remote server_ instead of SSH. I want to _know_ how to use "login" command on local bash shell.
>

>From man login,

login may be special to the shell and may not be invoked as a
sub-process.When called from a shell, login should be executed as exec
login which will cause the user to exit from the current shell (and
thus will prevent the new logged in user to return to the session of
the caller). Attempting to execute login from any shell but the login
shell will produce an error message.

Kaustubh

--
Kaustubh Gadkari