[PLUG] UPS backup difference

Sonawane Satish sonawanesk at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 21:39:49 IST 2010

Hello,

I have a core 2 duo desktop, with Dual boot Windows XP and OpenSuse 10.3
I have noticed that the same UPS that gives standard 20 min backup when booted in windows, doesn't give any backup when booted in OpenSuse.

Do we need some special settings in OpenSuse to control power consumption?

I mostly use OpenSuse and have been using it for couple of years. Few months back I had to replace motherboard of my machine as it was damaged due to above normal current.

Thanks in advance for your views.

Best regards,
Satish Sonawane