[PLUG] Fedora 12 with tata broadband

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Wed Mar 3 14:47:57 IST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Shrikant Gmail
<shrikant.navelkar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/03/2010 11:36 AM, ?.??.??.?.? wrote:
>>
>> Ensure that gateway IP is correctly specified...

> where to specify gateway IP address ? in browser or in system with route
> default gw ?
>
> BTW my resolve.conf entries are as follows :
>
> nameserver 202.54.29.5
> nameserver 202.54.10.2

If you are using dynaic IP dialing then gateway should get
automagically assigned, but if you are using static IP, then you need
to assign that as gateway.

At the same time there are two ways to configure your modem (read
router)... in bridge mode and other-wise.  In bridge mode your dialer
software is the place where you will be able to locate this gw
setting, while case other-wise, you will need to specifi this on your
routerdem ( by that i mean router cum modem :-)

Now that you know the problem just fix without asking for more clues
:-)  there is learning there too...
--
१. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. No question is ever stupid!