[PLUG] How to execute a shell script from an html web page

Navin Kabra navin.kabra at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 09:18:11 IST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Shreerang Patwardhan
<patwardhan.shreerang at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>      I wish to execute a shell script from a simple html page. When I click
> on a submit button on the html page the script should execute. How do I do
> this? Any help is appriciated...

Should the script run on the client machine, or on the server?

If this is to be on the server, then using the 'system' call of your
language of choice, or using CGI should be good enough.

If on the client, and if you know the platform of the client, and if
the user is willing to disable security features, you can use a
'launcher' script like the one I've attached.