[PLUG] Casual meet on Saturday

Chaitannya Mahatme chaitannya at gmail.com
Sun May 2 15:22:36 IST 2010

Hello friends,

With reference to earlier mail, we had met at CCD yesterday and discussed a
few things.

So as per the mentioned agenda we want to take open source to academia where
the students can interact and contribute to open source. Well this is in the
context of embedded systems.

So our next target:

1.      Design a circuit board which would be priced at less than Rs. 500

2.      Combine open source tool chain, libraries which students can use to
develop something of their own.

3.      The product should be self sustaining, i.e. we don’t want to do door
to door selling. So if we put this on Google code ,sourceforge, etc it
should run on it’s own. In short we want to develop a strong ecosystem
around the product which would make it obvious choice for any student who
wants/forced to do some project.

4.      Write some code (approx 5 man month worth of code) for the circuit
board.

Folks aligned with similar vision are welcome for the next meet.We would
chalk out a realistic road map for the same with tangible deadlines in the
next meet.

I would put more details in a day or two.

BTW

Abhijeet Bopatkar

Kapil Agarwal

Amit Karpe

Sushil

Thanks for coming.

Cheers !!!
Chaitannya

follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/chaitannya
--
I believe there's a hero in all of us who keeps us honest, gives us
strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even