[PLUG] Problem wid Fedora 10 WLAN setting....

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Wed May 5 13:27:08 IST 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Dhaval Ved <veddhaval at gmail.com> wrote:
>  hello..
> i m using Sony Vaio CS series laptop.. n Fedora 10...
> LAN works perfectly fine..
> it also detects the correct WLAN card. but when i try to enable WLAN, it
> says no n/w found.
> the wi-fi router is right beside it.
>
> also, my WLAN is password protected. can it b because of that?
> pls help.. everytime i need WLAN, i hav to switch to Win Vista...
>
> pls.. pls.. help..!!

Don't know about Sony Vaio and Fedora both.. but

just check if firmware if written to the disk...

Also
http://wireless.kernel.org/
http://wireless.kernel.org/

will be your friends for understanding how to enable wireless on your laptop...

and every-time you install a new Linux distro on your laptop...

--
१. Stupid question always warrants a stupid answer!
२. Why question the answer, unless question itself is the answer ?