[PLUG] [x-post] please recommend a dot matrix printer

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 10:54:37 IST 2010

I am looking for a letter quality dot matrix printer that can handle
single page as well as continuous feed paper.

Preference is Epson - but open to other brands as well.

This search gives a long list
<http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/Epson> which is
quite daunting.

A colleague recommended LX300+II but it is not listed above.  I am not
sure if the generic dot matrix (24 pin) driver will work with it or
not.  I do not want to spend Rs 7500 and find out that it will not
work with Linux :)

Please suggest brand/model that you have personal experience with
under Linux environment (heavy duty usage @ law firm).

Thanks in advance.
-- Arun Khan