[PLUG] Acer Asphire one D 260

Vaibhav Dalvi vaibhav.dlv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 10:29:18 IST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM, jj mm <ckaiga at indiatimes.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am a Linux Fan. I Got addicted three years back & still remain same. It
> has given me a great relief against all difficulties of Windows OS. I have
> tried Ubuntu & now using linux Mint(Ver 8)in my desktop. Last week I brought
> ACER ASPHIRE ONE D 260 Netbook with preloaded Win XP. Sooner or later I
> would like to purify it by installing Linux OS. I Kindly request the group
> members to share their experiance in the above matter.Priorities are good
> wifi,netconnection support,multimedia,LAN driver & finally Games. Please
> suggest.

Don't know much about netbooks, but I have an Acer eMachines e727 Laptop and
I've Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 on it. I didn't have much problem with it.
Except Brightness Control [Fn+Up/Down] everything else worked out of the
box. The brightness control problem was solved in couple of days thanks to
the great community support Linux enjoys.

You can check out following link about user's opinion on various distro's on
various Laptops.
Linux On Laptops <http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/acer.html>

And please do add your experience there.

Regards,
Vaibhav S. Dalvi
http://pointelement.blogspot.com/