[PLUG] Laptop shocks

Ashok Sinha sinha130 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 16:27:20 IST 2010

People here seem to be engineers! I am a doc so bear with me!

The problem of shocks:

First ensure that the connection of live and neutral in your wall socket is
not reversed.

Once confirmed check that you have a working earth. Current flows through a
light bulb when connected between live and neutral.

And third, with a multi meter check the voltage difference between the
neutral and the earth. It should be zero or nearly so.

Any of these and the chassis of your comp will become "live" and probably
shocking!!

Engineers, comments please.
Ashok Sinha