[PLUG] Fwd: [Gnash-dev] Pledge for Gnash funding of AVM2 development

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 13:09:51 IST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com>
Date: 2010/10/19
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Pledge for Gnash funding of AVM2 development
To: gnash-dev at gnu.org

I believe AVM2 support in Gnash is vital to the continued progress of
the project, as more and more sites show up with AVM2 flash files.

To try to get funding for developing such support, I have started a
pledge on <URL: http://www.pledgebank.com/gnash-avm2 > with the
following text:

 I will pay 100$ to the Gnash project to develop AVM2 support but
 only if 10 other people will do the same."

 — Petter Reinholdtsen, free software developer (contact)

 Deadline to sign up by: 24th December 2010

 The Gnash project need to get support for the new Flash file format
 AVM2 to work with a lot of sites using Flash on the web. Gnash
 already work with a lot of FLash sites using the old AVM1 format,
 but more and more sites are using the AVM2 format these days. The
 project web page is available from http://www.getgnash.org/ . Gnash
 is a free software implementation of Adobe Flash, allowing those of
 us that do not accept the terms fo the Adobe Flash license to get
 access to Flash sites.

 The project need funding to get developers to put aside enough time
 to develop the AVM2 support, and this pledge is my way to try to get
 this to happen.

 The project accept donations via the OpenMediaNow foundation,
 http://www.openmedianow.org/?q=node/32 .

I hope you will support this effort too.  A lot more than 10 people
are needed to make this happen, but I hope it can be a start. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen