[PLUG] Problem in booting up the new kernel

Ashwin Tumma ashwin.tumma23 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 10:17:29 IST 2010

Hello,
I want to add some loadable kernel modules in Ubuntu 10.04, so wanted to
install a new kernel by compiling the new 2.6.35 version.

I have followed the following steps:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/compiling-linux-kernel-26.html

The new kernel shows up in the boot menu, but the problem is that I am not
able to login by graphical mode. There is a whole list of error messages
that appear on the screen, and one of them being Kernel Panic.
Could anyone kindly help, as to, in which direction shall I proceed to get
my new kernel working fine.

- Regards,
Ashwin Tumma
CoFSUG,